Kumar Vishwas row: 5 things ’emotional’ AAP leader had to say about infighting in party today
Poet and activist Kumar Vishwas had listed the reasons as to why AAP lost the MCD elections.(PTI)
High pitched drama took place on Tuesday when Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) senior leader Kumar Vishwas said that he will not apologise for the video he had aired or whatever he had said about AAP convenor and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal previously. In a video shared earlier, poet and activist Kumar Vishwas had listed the reasons as to why AAP lost the MCD elections. Vishwas even had a different stand on EVM tampering than that of the party. In the 13 minute video, the party leader had claimed that there was corruption within the party and he further urged people to not fall prey to personality centric politics and to see beyond Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, PM Narendra Modi and Congress’ Rahul Gandhi.
This attracted much criticism from other party leaders including Manish Sisodia and Amanatullah. AAP leader Amanatullah went to the extent of calling Kumar Vishwas an “RSS-BJP” agent, “planted by the BJP”. However, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal stood by Vishwas, brushing off the rumours of a split inside the party. In his tweet, Kejriwal said that Kumar Vishwas is like his brother and no one can seperate them. Here are the top 5 quotes from the video Kumar Vishwas shared on Tuesday.
You may also like to watch:
1. “I have conveyed this to Arvind, Manish (Sisodia) and I reiterate it today that I don’t want to become chief minister, deputy chief minister or AAP’s national convener.”
2. “I don’t want to join any political party or Swaraj India (political party founded by expelled AAP leader Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan).”
3. “Ammanatullah is just a mask; someone else is speaking behind his mask,”
4. “The things Amanatullah has said about me, if he had said the same for Arvind Kejriwal or Manish Sisodia, I would have thrown him out of the party in 10 minutes. But he had said such thing so many times, yet he wasn’t ousted,”
5. “A lot of tarnishing of image will take place. Let me tell those hatching conspiracies that I will not let this happen. I will take a decision in a day.”